Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seeking Any Advice On This 2014 Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 164Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  8:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Epurvis to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, everyone. I have a couple of quarters that I am hoping to get some advice and/or opinions about. I am new here and I thank everyone for allowing me to participate on this website. The first quarter of question is this 2014. It has on the reverse a ring going around just inside from outer edge. I have done a lot of research seeking any info I could find and the closest references I could find are those related to rings caused by money wrap rolls/machines. The difference of my quarter from those are, 1) this ring is closer to the outer rim than those rings caused by rolls/machines, and 2) it appears that when the ring is caused by the already mentioned situation, it leaves damage to any imaging or letterings that the ring comes into contact with as it made after minting of finished coins. On the quarter I have, the ring appears to have not caused any damage to imaging or letters as it appears to run UNDERNEATH, before the images and lettering were put in place. I have taken the best picture I could with the not so great phone camera, but I also took a picture of another quarter I have with a ring that was undoubtedly caused by money wrap roll/machine. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you for you time. Warm, Safe, Happy Holidays to

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73357 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Epurvis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, and thank you, Coinfrog for your warm welcome. I must sincerely apologize, I just realized that I posted in wrong catagory. Should have been I "Current Years Errors. I will try to be more careful in the future

Pillar of the Community
United States
5221 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct...coin roll wrapper damage. Remember on your second coin those devices are incused (stamped into the coin and not raised) .

to CCF good luck on future finds, have fun and keep asking when needed...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  03:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Epurvis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for helping and also for pointing out what I was obviously missing. Everyone's replies were much appreciated.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 164Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: