Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Penny Error Please Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 327Next Topic  

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  3:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jujucoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This penny has errors can you help? The penny weighs 2.5 grams.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17362 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So we are not guessing, please explain what you are seeing as errors.
The weight is correct for a zincoin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75021 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please be more specific. Sharper images would help.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13855 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10605 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with the above. We need a bit more information about which feature(s) are in question. Thanks.
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jujucoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The error is in moto IN GOD WE TRUST. It's very thick the God looks like Goo.
Valued Member
276 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 279773 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I watched some informative videos on the 82s yesterday, and they noted some errors to look for. So I have been going through my 82 bucket again, and thought I would punch in 1982 and see what was here on the forum. There are many different 1982s, some are plated zinc some are copper. Some have small date some large. Some were errently made of copper when zinc was intended. Some have a doubling of e pluribus unum on the back. I am half way through my 82s now as I speak, and am only looking at reverses now.
Your coin. In my humble opinion, was half a percent struk off center, thus makeing the IGWT to be closer to the rim, which I think is common.
Anyone may, and can refute this, as it is only my humble opinion,.
Edited by 279773
11/30/2022 11:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF to both of the newcomers
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17362 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an error, just normal wear and tear on the coin.
It is impossible during the striking of a coin for a letter to change
from a D to a O, just can't happen.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 327Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: