Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1928-S Peace Streak On Obverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 682Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  8:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Brianlayman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know what caused the streak from the 6 o'clock position to the 9 o'clock? Also would this result in a no grade with the TPGs?

Edited by Brianlayman
12/06/2022 8:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75021 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics of both sides, please.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10033 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  02:56 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I agree sharper pictures are needed. It does look like it could be PVC damage.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin looks polished, the streak looks like damage.

Better date in higher grades, but the higher value is gone due to these issues.

It will not get a numerical grade but rather a "Details" designation.
Edited by NumismaticsFTW
12/07/2022 06:08 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10604 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try a 100% acetone soak--might reduce/nearly eliminate the streak/smudge.

What does the reverse look like?
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brianlayman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are no issues with the Reverse. The coin is not cleaned other than whatever caused the streak
Pillar of the Community
United States
2555 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  12:28 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin is original. Hard to say with certainty without better photos, but it could be adhesive residue or abnormal toning due to planchet impurities.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos for sure needed to get a better idea of what's going on.

Something wonky on right field going on as well.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  04:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brianlayman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've added a few photos from my Ipad. I hope they are better.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  04:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The scratches near the spot on the left field looks like cleaning and I stand by my opinion of it being polished rice crispies.
Edited by NumismaticsFTW
12/08/2022 06:54 am
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brianlayman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are polished rice crispies?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2555 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What are polished rice crispies?

He may have childishly changed my username to rice crispies in his response to my "coin looks original" post.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot to add the
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  05:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF. Hoping to return this thread to the OP and discussion on his coin.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 682Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: