Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 P Close AM Lincoln Memorial Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 430Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
219 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  12:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Possible Close AM. I'm sure it's going to be an easy No but it's worth a try. So without further ado here she is

Edited by Michael C
12/07/2022 03:17 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48465 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need a better photo to really help you but here is some info on the Denver one which has the same diagnostics:http://www.lincolncentresource.com/...closeAM.html
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  04:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse shown in those photos is the WAM variety - as expected for a 1992 dated Lincoln.

Don't let the apparent closeness of AM fool you. That spacing is subject to change due to die wear and can appear at first glance to be a CAM. Your coin exhibits this phenomenon.

I use the diagnostic spacing of the letter A in the legend STATES. When the A is centered between the adjacent T's then the reverse is a WAM. When the A is closer to the second T then the reverse is a CAM.

See for yourself using this diagnostic - you have a WAM reverse.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice photo of the AM. Did you read my reply of what else to look for?

edit for clarity
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
12/07/2022 05:33 am
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes after I posted
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  05:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's supposed to be of the area Nickel... Pointed out. Not sure why it changes it?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48465 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Michael C,
It looks like you need to filter your light source. What is your current photo taking set up? Camera,light (s) etc.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cointree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That FG appears to be from a Wide AM coin due to its closeness to the memorial base.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My light source sucks John, I have this old broken down cow with a lantern around her neck. Need better light
Valued Member
United States
72 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloIronTail to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a real handy chart. Thanks for posting it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13855 Posts
Valued Member
276 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 279773 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes a WAM
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17362 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't go by the AME, that is the worst marker to go by.
The A is centered between the the T's in STATES
and the initials are close to the memorial. It is a WAM.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2545 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Initials tells it all. Close initials WAM, far initials CAM.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 430Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: