Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Crossing Delaware Quarter Obverse Die Crack Error Under Bust & In Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 202Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2023  4:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jmwentzel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello-was putting up some quarters earlier & wanted to double check the reverse of this (where most of reported errors have been). Nothing...out of habit I flipped it over & noticed a VERY OBVIOUS 'issue' on the obverse.

Die Crack maybe? Runs along the bottom of the bust AND another POSSIBLE error (or not) between the "2" & the "0."

Am fairly new to collecting but am over the phase where everything I have is worth money! I was so rich at one point when I first started with the coins. Every coin was a MAJOR ERROR. I bought a boat, a house, went on a few vacations & then I started reading your forum....Watching You Tube....Bought coin books...sent a few in to be graded, etc. And just like that my fortune blew away like the wind....Hopefully I can redeem myself just a smidge here, ha

I usually submit a MUCH CLEARER pic of whole quarter but I could get a close up taking a pic of the screen of my microscope with my cell phone (which doesn't take the best pics). So, a pic of a pic.. so sorry about that!

Not asking for a valuation of course. I just could not find ANY THING AT ALL on an obverse error for this quarter.

I think the area in question under the bust is a DEFINATE error. The line in the date, a hit or miss. Can include some higher res pics once I get able to set up my camera. I appreciate your looking & your input very much.

Thank you,
Johnna (from Florida)

Learn More...
United States
120643 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4360 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2023  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF
Always best to post pics of both sides of the whole coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13915 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48483 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2023  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Kinda common area for a die crack. FYI: a die crack is not an error,it is a die event and, in this case, adds no premium.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2282 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2023  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halo1st to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scroll down near the end of Part IV. Die Errors: Should find Die Cracks listed there. Thanks, Doug.
https://www.error-ref.com/part_iv__die_errors/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2023  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the same coin and think there may be a spike head die crack on the right side of the date coming off the pony tail. You may be able to get better pics than mine with your scope
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2023  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4228 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2023  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From 1932 the Washington quarters has the cracks on this point of the coin. Always those cracks was parts to recognize different varieties, but it self is not error or variety.

Between the 2 and 0 I see a small crack in the clad. Also no variety or error.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 202Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: