Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Uk~ Interesting Find From The Circulation In The Uk~

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5587 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with both the above comments about the A to Z 10p coins!

I went into a bank in central London today and got 50 in 50p coins. No luck with my two missing Beatrix Potters (still looking for a 2018 Peter Rabbit and Flopsy Bunny) but quite surprised and pleased to get three Olympics: Shooting, Handball and Triathlon. The Triathlon is one of the scarcer ones (mintage 1,163,500) and it's virtually BU with hardly any signs of having been in circulation!
Edited by NumisRob
09/19/2019 06:52 am
Learn More...
United States
77153 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I went into a bank in central London today and got 50 in 50p coins... quite surprised and pleased to get three Olympics
Excellent!
United Kingdom
47 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisRob I didn't think the 2018 Peter Rabbit was for circulation, but having done some research it seems it actually was. Probably not very many were released though. There's also one for 2019 that is NIFC, I believe - though The Great British Coin Hunt is circulating 400 of its own accord.

I'm optimistic about getting Flopsy Bunny, Mrs Tittlemouse and Paddington at St Paul's Cathedral, I'm expecting the 2018 Peter Rabbit to have a very low mintage (again to encourage people to buy them from the mint, making them more money).

3 Olympics in 50 worth of 50p coins is quite a high amount - I'd be surprised if I even found 1! Not that I need any more, I've got a good few complete sets already

Also, what are these Olympic 10p coins?
Edited by Collector28
09/19/2019 06:26 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5587 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  06:58 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, what are these Olympic 10p coins?

Oops - changed it!

Yes, I was really surprised to get three Olympic 50p coins in 50 worth.

I got the 2019 Peter Rabbit 50p for face value at the Change Checker giveaway in Plymouth on 13 April. I've never seen one in circulation.

I've sorted through over 8,000 50p's in the past year and have found two Tailor of Gloucester and one Mrs Tittlemouse. I've had 42 Olympics and have nearly completed my second set of them from circulation.
United Kingdom
47 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think a lot of the coins in the Potter series are being hoarded in a similar way to the Olympic series.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5587 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this in circulation today - a 2019 'M' 10p!

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
683 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find @NumisRob
Quite appropriate with the weather we are having.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2712 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@redlock, it is worse than the Royal Canadian Mint. So many countries are issuing so many 'circulating' coins that I have given up on most.
Learn More...
United States
77153 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this in circulation today - a 2019 'M' 10p!
Very nice!
United Kingdom
47 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some decent finds of late!

Firstly, I was walking to the bus stop in the pouring rain, feeling rather annoyed at life (some tough personal circumstances of late). Bent down to pick up a 10p on the ground (hey, they all add up) and was very surprised to see a 2018 W 10p staring up at me! Brightened my day a bit at least.

Next, I hawk-eyed a 2019 50p obverse in a pot at a refreshments stand, asked for it in change and it was the 2019 Paddington at St. Paul's Cathedral 50p!!

I've now got all the Paddington 50ps, just missing a few of the Potters. Got the Church treasurer looking out for me, she found me a Sherlock Holmes and a Tailor Of Gloucester 50p - got both of them but I always welcome duplicates

Also, the same friend as before got the P.A.T.C 50p on the same day as me and sent me a photo, have a feeling that might work it's way to me as he's no interest whatsoever in coins. I am of course absolutely fine with this
Edited by Collector28
10/09/2019 4:34 pm
Learn More...
United States
77153 Posts
Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05