Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921 1 Cent.. What Caused This?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1248 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2010  2:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hhbkiddo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Can anyone help with this 1921 1 cent.
it has numerous problems... besides being in bad shape.
But I think that " bad shape" was partly caused by some other influx or treatment or strikes etc...?
what caused all these problems and, HOW did the strikes happen? what kind of die is the second strike? how, how?
And, what is the approximate Value any collector would pay for this. It might be for sale.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2010  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally think that coin is too much of a mess to diagnose. Corroded and cleaned it also looks bent and straightened. It MAY actually have been split and re pressed on the side you indicate there. I wish it were overall better, would make it easier not just to ignore.
Valued Member
423 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2010  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it ain't pretty that's for sure.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1248 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2010  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hhbkiddo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BUT....... what is it?
that is what I would like to know...
what happened? forget the pit holes etc.....
does it have some value besides the $10 I paid?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2010  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To my buddy Sir H! You must explain to me to how this exquisite artifact has come to light in Canadian Numismatics......Please explain how it was struck.......how it lookes like it was the catcher for the dart team, the rim starts ands stops....and shifts...The first rule of error detection is proving that a coin "could have been" by the mint........sorry bud.....yours dont cover the stink test lolol ebay value........600,000.00 Mikey
Valued Member
423 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2010  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As it is not mint damage, I would say it has no value. If all it took was for someone to go out and creatively beat up on coin for it to go up in value, well there would be tons of them.
Edited by realpenny
05/14/2010 01:07 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1248 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2010  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hhbkiddo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mikey... all the questions you ask, I would like to know the answers....
I do not believe for a moment that someone "made" this in his basement or on his work bench...
oh.... must check if it is maybe magnetic? then your price idea is very low......
cash only please.....Swiss franks to boot....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2010  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOLOL the slide mark is kinda cool!!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05