Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Price - Season 12 - Winner: Wheezydog!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  3:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Welcome to SEASON TWELVE!

The Contest: Guess the price of a recently acquired, auctioned, or purchased coin.
The Prize: BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!

Season 1 Champion: CoinHunter53562 (View it here).
Season 2 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 3 Champion: COINAHOLIC (View it here).
Season 4 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 5 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 6 Champion: yotie (View it here).
Season 7 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 8 Champion: murty (View it here).
Season 9 Champion: Moe145 (View it here).
Season 10 Champion: murty (View it here).
Season 11 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).

The Rules:
  • All guesses above $20 must be in whole dollar increments and will be rounded to the nearest dollar.
    Guesses below $20 can be in $0.50 increments and will be rounded to the nearest $0.50 increment.
  • Final prices will not include shipping or other fees.
  • Only the first person to guess a specific value will be counted. Repeat guesses for the same value will not count, so PAY ATTENTION! There will be no ties during the rounds!
  • One guess per person per round. If your guess is a duplicate, you will be given a chance to correct it; anyone can post a warning to the player and they will have until the round finishes to correct it.
  • Unless you posted a duplicate guess, there will be no editing guess posts. If you edit your post, please include a comment why you edited it. Otherwise, edited posts will not count.
  • Minimum round duration (revised 07/09/2010): Each round requires eight different participant guesses and two days.
  • There will be ten rounds. In the event of a tie, there will be playoff round. I will host the first, final, and any playoff rounds.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round. They can choose any coin they want, but must follow these guidelines:
    • No finished auctions (eBay, Heritage, etc.) can be the basis for any round.
    • If an auction is used, the round must end at least one hour before the auction does.
    • If the coin is from a personal purchase, please round your final price to the nearest whole dollar.
    • If you cannot remember the exact price paid, please use your best guess and establish this price (to yourself) before hosting the round.
    • For personal coins that were not purchased recently, please give an approximate time frame the coin was purchased (earlier this year, ten years ago, etc.)
    • Specifying that where the coin was sold (auction, personal purchase, yard sale, estate sale, etc.) is NOT required!
    • All rounds must end during what I call "US National Business Hours" or 8AM to 8PM Eastern (Forum) Time. Results can come anytime after that. In other words, the auction can end at midnight, but the deadline for guesses should be no later than the 8PM EST before that midnight.
    • New Rule (added 07/09/2010): Please send me the price or auction link as soon as you post the round. This removes my PDNC-JFFG from play.
    The Points:
  • The person getting the closest will receive 20 points. In the event of a tie, the lower guess will win.
  • The four people getting the next closest guesses will receive 10 points.
  • There is no The Price is Right "must not go over" rule!
  • Each other person that gives a guess (even uncorrected duplicates) will get 5 points. Those that unjustifiably edit a guess will get no points.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round and will receive 5 points for doing so. If they cannot host the next round, any volunteer that does so will receive 10 points.

Season 12 Final Results
wheezydog          95
Adam_E             90
johnny54321        85
murty              75
mattbrowning7      70
afcop13            65
cwb8539            65
DL20K              65
pls                65
wolf-n-wa          65
COINAHOLIC         60
ianmprice          60
wheatguy           60
acodym             55
eaglefoot          55
SHAFTA9a           55
steve199           55
valdiman           55
Moe145             50
nod2003            50
novillero          50
Angielczyk         35
delaner            35
Agosos             30
SilentAsian4Hire   30
chris1222nascar    25
harrison2          10
JustinH            10
parkquarters       10
SDcoinguy          10
cownas22            5
XavierOfGreen       5
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Season 12 - Round 1

Guessing Deadline:
5:00PM EDT (Forum Time) on Sunday, 27 June, 2010

Guesses so far
nod2003       $60.00 
DL20K         $69.00
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$60
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$69
Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a buffalo fan 'cuz they didn't wear out nicely to me, but...

Wow, look at that coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Australia
155 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Agosos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1658 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb8539 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am I able to change my guess. If so I would like to change it to $85, I think in noticed something that would make it worth more. Or at least, sell for more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1299 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am saying $48
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wolf-n-wa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$125.00 Cause thats what I'd pay. Thanks for the contest jbuck. WOLF
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8118 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think in noticed something that would make it worth more

I looked for it too,
but I don't see it - so I am guessing $39.00
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2010  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$44.00. Why wrack my peabrain to come up with new numbers?
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10606 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try... $55.00
True North
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$35.00
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05