Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Look at What I found!  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  10:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jdnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

I was going through my fathers junk and came accross this. Can anyone tell me if its worth anything?

Thank you in advance
~James

Edited by jdnumis
01/31/2011 12:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
850 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice! I'd say with silver priced the way it is now, abt $22-25.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1348 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add w1a9c8k5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you could easily get 25 for it. A coin shop should at least give you 22. I just sold a few the other day for $27
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THAT, my friend, is the Legendary Famous Morgan Silver Dollar ! ....

That is a San Fransisco mintmark.
And that's the last year they minted the Morgans.

I agree, with the condition......it's worth any given days Silver Spot Price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Drsandman2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't use this for gas money!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16553 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't use this for gas money!

Only good for a few gallons at the present gas prices anyway.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Drsandman2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say that cause a friend of mine working at a gas station had an old man walk in with $40 of Morgans on pump 2.
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the friendly advice. That was passed down from my grandfather to my father. I'm not sure if I want to sell that. We will see

Thanks again.

~James
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13933 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That was passed down from my grandfather to my father.

Did you like your father and grandfather? If so I would say keep it as a momento of them. The memories when you see it will be worth a lot more than the $22 - $25 you could get out of selling it.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spaceace to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, it would make a nice heirloom and it is in pretty good shape. I would think it would have more value as a nice thing to pass down in the family rather than get $25 (or so) cash. Cool find either way!
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add achildofthesky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Conder101 has it right. I'd save it given it was in the family and pass it down....
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking the same thing everyone. I will pass it down to my son's.

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin James! Its worth probably 23-25 dollars. But its worth more than that in memories.
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinczar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a nice attractive coin and the value would be around the spot price of silver, and perhaps a little more.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22661 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say keep it in the family, that's a hand-me-down I would like to get . And I think it has great eye appeal.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup thanks, and I am surprised its really not that beat up at all. I have to rummage a little further into his belongings, maybe I'll find something else LOL . I feel like I'm involved in Storage Wars!

~James
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.85 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05