Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893 Columbian Expo half dollar  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Portugal
163 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jsalgado to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this piecein this grade of conservation.Is it proof issue?
which will be able to be the value of this coin?

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MIKES3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's hard to say. Does anyone else think it's cleaned?
Valued Member
Portugal
163 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalgado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, not cleaned. It is perfect.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ACE Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were a number of Proofs made, and this definitely looks like it could be one. It would have to be certified to bring the $$$ that a Proof would command.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimineez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of price would a proof command...ballpark?
I love this desing and want a BU condition coin one day...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6272 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2011  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FWIW ... I cannot see anything that leads me to believe this is not a genuine strike USA coin ...

But I have serious doubts that it is a Proof strike coin.

To date .... PCGS and NCG have certified exactly two (2) Proof strike 1893 Colombian .... sooo ...

I suggest if you are convinced this is a genuine proof then submit it to PCGS for verification ...

You might have a very valuable winner here ... but odds are that it is a lovely MS coin.

David

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2011  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ACE Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No telling what an item like that would go for. With a population of two, it would certainly bring a nice amount at a respectable auction. As stated before, it would have to be certified.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05