Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hobby Coin Exchange  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add squirrel777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone ever bought from these guys before?

I love the forums BTW!

squirrel777
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimineez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont think so, do you have a link and an address?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1348 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add w1a9c8k5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
never heard of them before.
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squirrel777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16025 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They're listed in Numismatic News.

Anyone could be listed in a coin magazine if they want to pay.
You could be listed in all of them if you wanted to pay.
And if you were listed, do you think that makes you fantastic?
And NO I never heard of them either. However, that does not mean much today since if you went to Google and typed in Coin Hobbies, Coin Dealers, coin stores, etc you would probably get millions and millions of replies. And many could be worting out of their basements.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Philippines
1156 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
paying $100 for each month through 36 months, before gettting one's coin is like a bank loan, what happpens when they cancel the lay-away plan?

too many loopholes, and coin collecting should never be beyond what one earns. It's just a hobby that only has room for extra cash
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squirrel777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx for the info guys, I think I'll stay clear of them. I'm looking for a good Trade dollar for my Type album and I'm just trying to find a reasonable priced dealer to purchase from so I'm sure I'll get an authentic coin. Most of the lower grades on eBay aren't slabbed, and I'm not going to buy one of those due to the amount of fakes. Who is a decent priced, raw, lower grade (VG-VF) dealer to purchase from?

Thx
Valued Member
Canada
85 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsoldier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did hear about them before but nothing positive. I buy coins as I can afford (I stretch the budget sometimes) but we have to realize this is a hobby.
Pillar of the Community
United States
511 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2011  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 3stooges to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen them in years, but memory says their prices are sky high.
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2011  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squirrel777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't implying I was going to layaway a coin with them. I just seen a great price on a type coin I want. They have a very nice AU-50 Trade dollar that's graded ANACS for $150. It's cleaned but that seems to be a pretty good price, I'm just always leery of new places to purchase.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05