Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Did This Coin Get By...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2006  3:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Marv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
the eyes of the graders witn the obvious scratch on the obverse?

ANACS President
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2006  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Taylor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marv,

I just went in and fired three graders! Need a job?

No one has ever accused us of being perfect. When we make a mistake we own up to it, correct it and hope it will be a long time before we make another one. I've got to say, if it's true that "to err is human," then no one is more human than me.

Please send the coin back to us--address it to my attention--and I will immediately take care of it. PROMISE.

James
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2006  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lou b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 'PROMISE' brings back some bitter memories from a year ago. I would suggest spending that proof dollar. It may be less frustrating.
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2006  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdheyne to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lou b

That 'PROMISE' brings back some bitter memories from a year ago. I would suggest spending that proof dollar. It may be less frustrating.

I am curious as to what you are talking about.
-Jordan
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20335 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2006  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am curious as to what you are talking about.

Me too.
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2006  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Marv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by James Taylor

Marv,

I just went in and fired three graders! Need a job?

No one has ever accused us of being perfect. When we make a mistake we own up to it, correct it and hope it will be a long time before we make another one. I've got to say, if it's true that "to err is human," then no one is more human than me.

Please send the coin back to us--address it to my attention--and I will immediately take care of it. PROMISE.

James

Thank you James for the offer.

I must say that I've just recently began collecting some Silver and Gold Proof US bullion as investments toward retirement. I am buying directly from the mint and am looking at plans to have them all graded and slabbed some time in the future.

I've also recently done some minor research on the different grading services on their grading and their holders and guarantees.

On the holders I've purchased 1 graded ASE from each of the top 5 companies listed on the greysheet.

I have to say I really like the new ANACS clear view holder the best. I've also noted a lot of concerns all over the internet regarding the quality issues of this holder. I see by your response to the questions here that the issue is known and being worked on.

The thing that surprised me the the most was when I received this ANACS holder was how obvious the scratch on the coin was through the beautiful clear view holder.

I wonder if the scratch happened during encapsulating? As the Quality Control point after encapsulating asks me what happened at this point of the process....

quote:

From ANACS web site

The coin is then sent to the Sealing Room where it is sonically sealed. From there it goes back to the Grading Room for a final Quality Control check. If everything is perfect, it is then sent to Shipping.

as the damage is quite obvious. Somehow does this step ever get passed over?

I would have believed that the original ANACS submitter would have noted this coin and returned it.

Thanks again for the reply and the offer.

Edited by Marv
09/27/2006 4:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1148 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2006  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am also curious as to what you are talking about, lou b
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
281 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2013  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pheroow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is funny.
Graders should be hired much more wisely at ANACS.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05