Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 One Cent No P No Logo Magnetic

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 164 / Views: 23,574Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2011  2:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are these actually scarce? I see a few around and I have to wonder if everyone wants to sell them how rare they can actually be.

I have some circulated samples, nothing fantastic, not sure what the actual trends prices are.

My knowledge of modern coins is terrible, any information is helpful.
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2011  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thatcanuckyguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems they are scarce. I've gone through thousands of 2006 no marks and have yet to find a magnetic. Seems they go for around $5+ at the VF-20 grade and $550 upwards on MS-65 from what I understand.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8428 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2011  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe trends has them at $300 in MS65,but I don't believe they are that rare.The other day, when someone posted here with a 2006P non-magnetic,I looked on eBay,and there were at least a dozen ICCS noP noLogo magnetics for sale,most with higher than trends price tags.I think now would be a good time to sell them.On the other hand,while the P non-magnetic trends at $500 in MS65,try and find one for sale anywhere.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2011  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can't find this one roll searching you can get it on ebay any time you want . Not near as rare as the 2006P zinc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
834 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2011  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swrbxxx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a pretty scarce coin.
I have had 3.
Sold 2 for $98 and $137
Keeping my MS64 one
Pillar of the Community
Canada
864 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2011  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dottir to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always find a whole lot of 2006's one cent varieties but not once have I ever found a no P magnetic ... or a P non-magnetic. I search rolls with my magnet and usually test all coins, paying attention to P or no logo at all.

I keep hoping to find any P non-magnetic for any year since they started the plated P coins.
Valued Member
Canada
402 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2011  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add za75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On ebay, the 2006 Magnetic is on speculation : no more than scarce coin !

The 2006P Non-Magnetic is a very, very rare variety !
Valued Member
Canada
248 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2011  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commoncents13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too have gone through countless rolls looking for the no (P), no logo 2006 steel.
---I can say thousands of pennies and not one and still go through rolls and not even one 2006 with the (P) Zinc!
---There out there, just hard to find and because you have to take the time with a magnet, 6 varieties to go through and being scarce to boot.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2011  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say not much chance of going through rolls and finding either of those two pennies now after people going through rolls for almost five years searching for those. They are most likely all scooped up by now.
Valued Member
Canada
248 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2011  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commoncents13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-littlemoney- Good theory? If you believe that? I don't agree, never say die until your dead! I'm still looking!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2011  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The two of these that I have I pulled from my pocket change... that's why I didn't think they were much of anything. I'd say one is a 40 the other a 50. I got them when everyone was talking about them and I was semi paying attention. After I found two in a month I figured they'd be common as dirt and the hype was about nothing.

No, not roll hunting, change from the store ... the kind you dump on the table and inspect before it goes in the "to be rolled" cups.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2011  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with you Ugly, much better chance finding goodies in your pocket change.
Valued Member
Canada
248 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2011  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commoncents13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's amazing Ugly I hope everyone does the same!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2011  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Old thread I know, but I got another one of these in my change today, I'd say Red/Brown in about 45.
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2011  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nybird to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, The are still out there. Great find.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2006P zinc ? I have never seen one of those for sale
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 164 / Views: 23,574Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05