Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions About Toned Coin Wanted

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 107 / Views: 7,285Next Topic
Page: of 8
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  04:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
About any and all aspects of this coin, one of my personal favorites:

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Muddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
far out , man! feel like wearing tie-dye and sandals and listening to some Grateful Dead..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eddiespin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's tarnish and it's pretty. What more do you need to know? I hope you're not going to answer you're looking for permission to like it.
Valued Member
South Africa
169 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, it looks like the sun is setting behind the Eagle, giving it a Rainbow glow, Fading into the outer Blue ring Sky.
Awesome toned coin.
Is/Was this artificially done?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34095 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's the first thing that came to my mind too.If it's natural toning that's a great one and will have a very nice value added to it.Very nice biggfredd
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW !

All the colors of the rainbow right there !! .... . .. ..

Official opinion: ..... awesome ! ....

Do you know the origins of this toning ? .....natural ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Honestly?...OK....Looks like AT & needs to be dipped.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eddiespin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, that's right, sorry, I forgot about that issue.

Biggfredd, you see, it comes down to this. If a major TPG, in its infinite wisdom, says that tarnish is "artificial toning," then, you do not have permission to like it. OTOH, if the major TPG, in its infinite wisdom, says that tarnish is "natural toning," then, by all means, you not only do have permission to like it, you have permission to pay moon-money for it, as well.

That's how it goes, really. I don't know what I could have been thinking.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rastatodd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing the kaleidoscope ASE, with us. Its quite unique!
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep the comments coming, including values if you like (1999, other side white). Have fun, there are no wrong or right answers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1144 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool. I'd also be curious to know if it's natural or artificial.
To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

ANA Member since 2007.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is utterly gorgeous.

By the definition I personally hold regarding artificial/natural toning (and, in the end analysis, it's up to our own opinion), the toning cannot possibly be natural. Would I own it? Oh, yeah I would. Would I pay a premium for it? No - I can make them myself pretty easily.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1231 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add onejinx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toning is toning...doesn't matter if it is AT or NT.

And I like the tone of that coin
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious about your defeinition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1231 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add onejinx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
who's defintion of what?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2011  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eddiespin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just curious about your defeinition.
FWIW, there is no definition. "Artificial toning" is a purely arbitrary and capricious term. If you want to make it a standard you judge toned coins by, that's, of course, your prerogative.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 107 / Views: 7,285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05