Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Picked Up My First VDB!

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,507Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2011  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see you have one of the major designs, but not the other. Where's your 1909-1917 "no vdb"?

That's one of the reasons why my 20th century type set is in a three ring binder and not an album :(
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2011  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Strohbie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the grades, I was thinking vf myself. This is from the Whitman 9139, 20th Century U.S. Type Set Album. They didn't include the 1918-1958 little vdb, I don't know why.

I bet you could make a lot of money on this forum if you could make labeled coin albums, customized to what each customer wants a hole for. Anyone creative and crafty enough?
Learn More...
United States
108207 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fuzzy, Mr Barber didn't like Mr.Brenner having his initials on the coin so the VDB was removed until 1918. This is the reason the 09' VDB are key dates.
For more information, it was recently discussed here...

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...PIC_ID=88238

Quote:
They didn't include the 1918-1958 little vdb, I don't know why.
Do not feel bad, the Dansco does not either. Also, the Dansco neglects the change to zinc in 1982!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,507Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: