Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Finished My 1st Set!!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,746Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  12:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add crownman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I finished my first set yesterday! It's a 68 piece WWII U.S. coinage collection. I tried to make sure all coins were at least MS63 and a couple are as high as MS65/MS66. It includes 15 Walking Liberty halves, 15 Washington quarters, 11 Silver Jefferson nickels, 3 Steel Lincoln Cents, 9 Shell-Case Lincoln Cents and 15 Mercury dimes. Even though I just completed it, I might try to sell it on eBay because there are some bullion coins I want badly! I would probably be able to get more selling the coins individually but they belong together. It's a fantastic set! Enjoy the pictures!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!

And now you're going to get rid of them after all that work!

I've got all the bullion you need.
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dkillett to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very nice set. Looks like a lot of work went into it.
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sprucansailor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a wonderful set!!

Did you put it together for and particular reason; or just because you like it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1817 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very pretty set; quite an accomplishment. Even I could purchase the exact same set, ready made, it would not be the same as building it one coin at a time with matching luster and strike. You should keep it around for awhile to bask in the glow of accomplishment.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Excalibur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a beautiful set!
May I ask what brand of holder is it ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  03:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is beautiful! Congratulations! I'm with excalibur, what holder is that?
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful set.... well done
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wondering how much exactly do you intend to sell it at?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41882 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a SA-WEET set Congrats on your How about adding the Philippines coins from WWII that the USA minted? Are you sure you want to sell it? Looks like something you should hand down in the family.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Funny Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And if John means the ccf family...I've got dibbs!
Very nice set......congrats!
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add usc96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Um, why would you sell It for bullion? Haven't we learned that bullion is not "where it's at" anymore? That's what all the talking heads are telling us.

Nice set!
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ClinkinKY to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perhunt29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely stunning! I am a little biased towards the WWII era coins...That set would stay in my safe until I passed it on to my kids.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2325 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a beautiful set! If it were mine I don't think I could part with it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JackB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set, certainly a tribute to your collecting skills. Had to be an enjoyable experience, what will you do next?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,746Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: