Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scandinavian And Europian Medieval Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 4,156Next Topic  
Valued Member
63 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2011  08:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheDepreso to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone can identify these medieval coins?
Valued Member
Croatia (Locally: Hrvatska)
342 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2011  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nikola to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put picture from the other side of coins.I see Poland coins (Solidus,Groschen and Groszy).
Edited by nikola
05/25/2011 11:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
575 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2011  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add valdiman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3rd in top row looks like Poland under Russia occupation,denomination 10 groszy,some coins of probably Sigismundus III.I'm curious about first-top row.Flip them over.
Valued Member
63 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2011  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDepreso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here's a flip-over:
Valued Member
Croatia (Locally: Hrvatska)
342 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2011  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nikola to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1.Poland: East Prussia - 3 Groschen 1783
2.Poland: East Prussia - 3 Groschen 1802A
3.Poland - 5 Groszy 1840
4.Latvia Riga Free City Solidus Poland
12.Poland 1/24 Thaler
10,11.Poland Half Groschens
8,9,13,15,16,17.Latvia Riga Polish Occupation - SCHILLING (Silins)
5,6,7.Latvia Riga Swedish Occupation - SOLIDUS (Schilling, Silins)
14.Elbing Swedish Authority - SOLIDUS (Schilling, Silins)
Valued Member
63 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2011  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDepreso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, nikola! Are there by chance silver? I know they look like silver but I have seen some debased Hungarian 16th Century Silver coins, can't know for sure
Lithuania
3 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2017  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add remakas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. Anyone can identify these medieval coins?

Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2017  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add austrokiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is my understanding that the medieval period ended in the 15th century. Different specific dates by different experts: but the 15th century is the one constant. Some date the end of the middle ages with the fall of Constantinople others the European discovery of America. Many of the coins pictured are early modern
Edited by austrokiwi
05/31/2017 1:01 pm
Lithuania
3 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2017  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add remakas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is 17th century Friedrich Wilhelm 1 shilling of Prussia, but I can't find this coin on internet... Maybe more options? Anyone?
Valued Member
Lithuania
363 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2017  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Check giedrius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add giedrius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@remakas These coins are counterfeits, minted in Suceava, Romania. Something similar to Riga towers like on free Riga solids on one side and similar to Prussian Eagle and Prussian legend on another side......
Catalogue of Lithuanian half-groats 1495-1529 http://goccf.com/t/282866
Learn More...
United States
18234 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2017  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These coins are counterfeits, minted in Suceava, Romania.

@giedrius, just so that I can learn, can you please provide some details for what to look for with these counterfeits? They should be good silver I think (as opposed to silver washed), but is there something else to check?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Lithuania
3 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2017  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add remakas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, nice, this coins is conterfeit from 17th century... Interesting what this coins is worth?
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 4,156Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05