Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern Comemorative Dollars

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2011  10:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It seems there are a select few who collect modern commemoratives on this sight but they have some great designs and some not so great. I've had time to review my set and here are some examples of the first Olympic designs.

Sorry for the glare and crud on the holders I guess I should take them out to photograph them.
Learn More...
United States
14183 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2011  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have those, plus the 1982 George Washington Half Dollars, 1986 Statue of Liberty Dollar and Half Dollars, 1987 Constitution Silver Dollars, 1990 Ike Centennial Dollar, and the coins from the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. I don't collect all of them, just the ones that peak my interest.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Edited by Fuzzy317
06/15/2011 10:40 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always like seeing more Comm dollars ..
Helps me stay motivated with this series.

I don't have that 1984 proof .. but I know where one is ..
and I have some extras .. I think I can make a trade .. when I am on my coin shop
rounds today.

Thanks for sharing
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In reviewing my Proof collection I have found that my 1990 Eisenhower is a BU and my 1987 constitution, and 1986 Statue of liberty are badly fogged or "milky" as some one else had "coined" this state. I now have a few more to search for and the milky ones can go into the 90% stash.

Here's another foggy one.

Is moisture the cause of this or is it something else?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
early stage toneing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have excluded the heavily milky examples and since I do not have a proof Ike, we will progress to the next of the series the Mt. Rushmore.

This is the only commemorative that was delivered in grey packaging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next in the series, a better cameo coin.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USO next in the series.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice coins Muddler do you have a complet set of the dollars?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yotie, I am short the eight Atlanta dollars. I'm going to post a dollar a day just for kicks and giggles. I am short a decent example of the: 1986 Statue of Liberty, 1987 Constitution, and the 1990 Eisenhower. If you have any of these feel free to add them in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
actually I do have a nice BU liberty and a proof Ike I will get the camera out later today
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
milk free BU liberty

Edited by yotie
06/17/2011 8:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There definitely is an advantage in collecting the BU verses the proof as any imperfection stands out drastically on the proof coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
on that note will the milky stuff over the years turn colours and be that "Monster Toner?"
i have the liberty 1/2 dollar proof in the original gov airtight and it has turned a lovey even chocolate brown
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2011  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too have a clad half that has never left it's mint holder and it has taken on an even gold toning over the entire surface. The cameo of the proof is non existent now but it looks like gold when you first see it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5971 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2011  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another day another dollar, 1992 Olympic.

Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05