Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Kind Of Bubble Mailers Do You Use To Ship?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 4,546Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3271 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  02:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First off, sorry mods if this needs to be moved go right ahead. Not sure where this would be most appropriate.

So I'm going to buy some bubble mailers on ebay and want to know what you guys use. Should I get the yellowish kraft bubble mailers, or do you guys prefer the poly ones? I'm thinking 6x9 or 6x10 or whatever it is will be a perfect size. Please let me know in your experiences what kind you get. feel free to post ebay links for me :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3271 Posts
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  02:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oober to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most coins I ship fit in a 00 poly. They are nice a light too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1658 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb8539 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use the yellow 6X9 Kraft mailers. I've used the poly kind before as well and they work fine too.

I like the 6X9 size because it has plenty of room on it to put a label.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3271 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  02:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the 6x9 because it fits the paypal label nicely as well. Also sometimes I ship more than just 1 coin so this size comes in handy. I'm just thinking the poly ones might be nice because they don't tear as well... when I use the kraft ones usually I just tape around the whole thing for extra strength. I think I wouldnt need as much tape for the poly ones...
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17615 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not much good for plastic cased proof sets. I have seen such a plastic case completely shattered with the imprint of a boot on the bubble mailer.

With the U.S. Postal Service being short funded these days, you should expect occasional careless handling of the packaging.

The Royal Australian Mint uses cardboard boxes of standard Post Office size for the shipping of their cased proof sets. The plastic case inside the box has stuffing paper around the it, to stop it from moving around inside the mailer box.

Bubble mailers are fine for flat packed coins only. The ones I receive from dealers are large enough for post cards; that is all they need to be. A4 invoices fold neatly to A6 size inside these.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3271 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I won't ever be shipping proof sets so that isn't a problem. I ship basic stuff, things that wouldn't be broken or anything like mentioned about the proof sets.
Learn More...
United States
16362 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  04:39 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Individual coins over $10 in value, 000 bubble mailers.
Under $10 in value, regular envelope, non-machinable, 0.64 cents.
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4691 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't use the poly bubble mailers. Why add extra costs? I use the regular bubble mailers size 000. Some time ago I got a bulk box of 100 for real cheap.
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up some of these a few weeks ago ,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14032591142....m1439.l2649
Pillar of the Community
United States
1719 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  08:55 am  Show Profile   Check The_Duke's eBay Listings Check The_Duke's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add The_Duke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use #000, which is 4x7. I just get them at Wally World.

Lower value coins go in envelope with corregated saftey mailer/cardboard.
www.dukescoins.ecrater.com
ANA #3159445
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16693 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  10:11 am  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought 1000 of the paper mailers from esupply.com, but next time I'm going to pay extra for the poly. The paper ones can get ripped in transit....I've had it happen...the poly envelopes are TOUGH as nails. Whenever I ship coins with the paper I have to reinforce all sides with tape to prevent ripping....it's a hassle and I probably spend more on tape than the extra price the poly's cost.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mmorgan22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use 000 poly bubble mailers for US shipments (costs about $.13 each when you buy a case from shippingsupply.com) and I use 0 Kraft bubble mailers for international or registered mail. Registered mail items cannot be taped shut according to my post office so I'm going to switch to poly myself because it is more secure without tape then the Kraft is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3271 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do the Paypal shipping labels fit on the #000 bubble mailers?
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mmorgan22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a Dymo 400 label printer and the labels from PayPal and Ebay print out long ways (they look like this http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-SH...11121&sr=1-2) and they fit on the 000 mailers. The normal labels I don't think will fit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2011  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also use the #000 kraft bubble mailers. I also can't figure out how to print the Ebay or Paypal labels. I have a canon Pixma printer mx series. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 4,546Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05