As a general rule, I would definitely prefer a well-struck specimen with some circulation wear to a poorly-struck UNC coin. I prefer detail lost by doing the work coins are made for, to detail that was never there to begin with.
On the other hand, one of my favourite coins is not particularly well struck, though it has a pretty amazing reason.


So far as I can tell, this coin was struck in the process of setting up the coining presses at the Bangkok Mint, which had been ordered from Heaton in Birmingham, along with dies, by King Mongkut for his project of replacing the "bullet money" ticals by a European-style round, flat coinage.
On the other hand, one of my favourite coins is not particularly well struck, though it has a pretty amazing reason.


So far as I can tell, this coin was struck in the process of setting up the coining presses at the Bangkok Mint, which had been ordered from Heaton in Birmingham, along with dies, by King Mongkut for his project of replacing the "bullet money" ticals by a European-style round, flat coinage.




















