Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

The House Of Representatives Japan - Medal/Coin Boxed Help?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 3,843Next Topic  
New Member

United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  11:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pamela Lilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have a large coin in a box.
with the following on it.
I tried to upload a photo, but it keeps asking me to log in and I am logged in and have registered
Can you help me on this please as I can't find anything about it.

Why it was made,
Who would have received it,
Value
Etc.
New Member
United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pamela Lilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the photo.

The-House-Of-Representatives-Japan---Medal/Coin-Boxed-Help?
Pillar of the Community
wd1040's Avatar
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems like a normal medal for the National Diet like something from a gift shop. Is there anything on the reverse or edge?
New Member
United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pamela Lilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it's the House of Representatives Japan and what I found on another site Mount Fuji underneath is some Japanese writing. These are 4 symbols, which of course I can't read.
I bought it from a manor house of a Lord with some other stuff I'm listing inkwells etc. so I thought it may have some political relevance
It is quite heavy and in a very nice box, which seems more like an award than a gift shop buy, but I'm no expert. Do you need more photos.
Nothing along edge it's plain
Pillar of the Community
wd1040's Avatar
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2011  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure thing. I can read it and it may shed some more light to its origin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 3,843Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums