Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Constantine II Attribution Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,304Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Gil-galad's Avatar
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  7:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Constantine-II-Attribution-Help

I just purchased this Constantine II coin for $8. This is the seller's photo. I am having problems getting an attribution for this coin. According to Helvetica's Excel sheet it's probably.

Constantine II

Thessalonica

RIC VII 108 or 120.

I do not know this portrait type, never seen it before.

CONSTANTINUS IVN NOB C

CAESARVM NOSTRORVM

VOT V

Star in badge at the top of wreath.

TSBVI in exergue.

I would appreciate if someone could verify it for me.
Pillar of the Community
Gil-galad's Avatar
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw RIC Thessalonica VII 120. My coin's obverse does not look like it.
Pillar of the Community
bobbyhelmet's Avatar
United Kingdom
2838 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobbyhelmet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting looking bust.

I've just looked at RIC and I'd go with 120, I don't think 108 has the star.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1549 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dougsmit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
108 has a right facing bust and no star. I see 120 also.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,304Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Forums