Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My 5k Coin Giveaway!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 109 / Views: 9,692Next Topic
Page: of 8
Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the darkside... apprentices you are trying to convert?


My-5k-Coin-Giveaway!

Great idea for a contest!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Earl42. "Do or do not. There is no try.
Thanks for all your congrats--this has been a fun place to hang out.

Sorry about the duplicate numbers in picture #2. It's been fixed; the pic now reflects this correction.
Note to wrestling_135: your selection was already picked--please select another coin.

1. Canadian-Banknotes
2. Stutzman108
3. murrellington
4.
5. f16
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15. almingbg
16.
17.
18. TripAces
19. Left won this coin. wrestling_135, pick another coin.
20. wrestling_135
21. Coindog
22.
23. mysterimen
24.
25.
26.
27.
28. mcshilling
29.
30. Cajunlady0
31.
32. CPC24
33. Apollo
34.
35. ValiantKnight
36.
37.
38.

Edited by DVCollector
02/10/2012 1:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
VisigothKing's Avatar
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DV, can I send you a PM now, or should I wait until all the coins are gone?
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VK, sure--you can PM me with your addy. That's a help!
I will PM the current winners over the weekend, and mail the coins in a group.
Pillar of the Community
Coindog's Avatar
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would really like 21 please.
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coindog, #21 is yours.
The list above reflects which coins have been claimed already.
I will update the list a few times a day to keep things moving.
These coins will ship out as a group to make it easier.
Pillar of the Community
wrestling_135's Avatar
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wrestling_135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the repeat, I'll take 20 :)
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi DVCollector ... I have been extremely naughty for most of this year, so I don't think that I deserve a coin ...

"However", I really want to know what Coin #11 is all about? (is that a Northern Dog on the coin? ... where is the coin from? ... it is very interesting)

Ummm, or is that the whole idea behind the contest? => in order to win the coin, are we supposed to be able to describe what it is?

Oh, and again, I don't want the free coin, but I'd like to know a bit more about it ... thanks

Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve, I don't want to give away the identities of these coins, but if you look closely at #11, it says "Norge". It's not a contest--it's a giveaway, for new collectors. The idea is simple--pick a coin!
Valued Member
paulport15's Avatar
Malta
64 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paulport15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i don't know if its taken, but 35 seems cool for me
Pillar of the Community
coincollect1's Avatar
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
#29 thanks DVcollector
Edited by coincollect1
02/10/2012 4:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
matthewvincent's Avatar
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a neat idea! Give extra coins to new collectors.
Although I qualify [ 50+ posts and a member for less than two years ] I take more joy in supporting a giveaway and pointing out little errors than in trying to score a free coin.
And note: I did NOT give away the country of origin for #23 and #33. I only said that they are difficult to identify.
All hail DVCollector for such generosity ...
Matthew
Pillar of the Community
matthewvincent's Avatar
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But IF I qualify, I would be happy with #13.
So small, so dark.
I'd give it a good home.
Valued Member
Cajunlady0's Avatar
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cajunlady0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the last month I have been buying and organizing and identifying all my foreign coins. I know what #11 is, but I am not gonna tell Steve. Go ahead and grab #11 Steve and start a collection of them.

This was a very nice gesture of you, DVCollector. How will you celebrate when you reach the 5K posts?
Pillar of the Community
matthewvincent's Avatar
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, #11. Think "Heavy water."
And if that doesn't do, think "sardines."
Coins are history.
And history helps us to identify coins.
But I confess, my early years with stamps taught me the names of many countries, so ...
Such a fun game!
  Previous TopicReplies: 109 / Views: 9,692Next Topic
Page: of 8

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums