Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Oldest Find In Circulation

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 12,136Next Topic
Page: of 4
Rest in Peace
biggfredd's Avatar
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2012  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, EquestrianBit!

You can tell by whether the bust is pointy or rounded.
Valued Member
MercuryDime's Avatar
Canada
262 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2012  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MercuryDime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As for the good coins, a 1968 Quarter I have no luck

As for pennies and nickels, where I live I regularly get 50's and 60's, my oldest is probably a 1944 penny.
Valued Member
Corrupted's Avatar
Canada
68 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2012  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corrupted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1910 Wheatie and a 1937 1 cent.
Pillar of the Community
timnic44's Avatar
Canada
535 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2012  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add timnic44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1906 US Indian Head cent and a month ago a 1920 Canadian cent in change
Valued Member
kitkat1858's Avatar
Canada
371 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kitkat1858 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1938 penny roll searching
1947 penny in change
Pillar of the Community
Petersun's Avatar
Canada
1700 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To tell you the truth, I've never found anything pre-1952 (for canadian change)in my change.
Valued Member
KoolKat's Avatar
Canada
210 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KoolKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roll searching is always fun! I recently found this 1943 brillint unc penny!
Pillar of the Community
Petersun's Avatar
Canada
1700 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Roll searching is always fun! I recently found this 1943 brillint unc penny!

Be careful. Once I found a 1969S cent in BU, but hours later, I smelled vinigre and figured that the cent was washed with vinigre!
Valued Member
coinsnpaper's Avatar
Canada
480 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsnpaper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a 1900 Dime from the Post Office in 2000. They got it in circulation and saved it for me- cost 10 cents- it is in quite poor condition, but I could read the date figures.
Valued Member
EY_Pep's Avatar
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EY_Pep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far found 3 1940 pennies in change here in Canada.
Got a 1919 Wheat cent in change in the US.
Valued Member
Canada
178 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ztt2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The oldest I know I have is a 1955 penny from circulation, but I'm pretty sure I have up to 1950. I'd have to double check.
Valued Member
loonietoon's Avatar
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonietoon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have had a huuuuuuge jar of pennies for about 6 years now. I just got in to coin collecting a few months ago, and went through it. Found a 1921 Penny not sure if thats considered circulation or not.
Rest in Peace
biggfredd's Avatar
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
close enuf for gubmint work.
Pillar of the Community
RoyalSilver's Avatar
Canada
933 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1942 penny
Pillar of the Community
Petersun's Avatar
Canada
1700 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have had a huuuuuuge jar of pennies for about 6 years now. I just got in to coin collecting a few months ago, and went through it. Found a 1921 Penny not sure if thats considered circulation or not.

If the penny has only been in the jar for six years, it is considered (for me) as a coin from circulation.
  Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 12,136Next Topic
Page: of 4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums