I have recently started collecting and my interest is more towards the Lincoln wheat pennies. I have come across what I believe to be an error but I'm insure. The penny has just the wheat side on it the other side is hollow almost as if the penny was made in two pieces. I can't find any info anywhere about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I will post a picture in a few moments.
Coins are struck from solid pieces of metal. You do indeed have either half of a magician's/trick coin or a coin that was defaced with a lathe. The lathing process is also used to make a Magician's coin.
Thanks everyone. I did some more research on the magician coins and thats what it is. Unfortuantly this one isn't going to fund my retirement but still an interesting find none the less. Now to find a merc dime to put in it!!
Quote: I know it's not a Magicians coin. That I'm sure of.
Quote: I did some more research on the magician coins and thats what it is
Research and learning is what this forum is all about. There are many knowledgeable people on here who have written books and have sites for information!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use