Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2012 Two Loons Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 8,851Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
MoneyPenney's Avatar
Canada
2984 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2012  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is the Mint doing these days? Sold out coins become available again?!
I feel bad for that individual who paid 199$ for this coin on ebay. Hope he/she didn't see this thread


Some people paid more than $199 when they came out. I think they were selling for up to $250 at one time.
Well, the market for them have certainly soften as some are being sold for a loss on ebay. Recent completed prices are $121, 117, 122, 111, 124. With the ebay fees you are looking at a loss.
It just the old supply/demand equation. Now that everyone is getting them the demand for them have fallen.
New Member
tender48's Avatar
21 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2012  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tender48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
80 left.....at RCM
Pillar of the Community
Lostwords's Avatar
Canada
1528 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2012  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lostwords to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Some people paid more than $199 when they came out. I think they were selling for up to $250 at one time.[/qiote]

I miss those people. Please come back as I still have one 2 loons for sale
Pillar of the Community
poboxw's Avatar
Canada
1502 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
give it a bit of time. I'm betting this will be a summer moon mask in a few years. It is one of the really well designed (no thanks really to the RCM though, the art was essentially made for a coin) enameled coins the RCM has ever done
Valued Member
RogerD's Avatar
Canada
491 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RogerD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if that's going to happen poboxw, the summer moon mask is stunning in real life. The clear field pushes out the mask like a high relief, which in fact it is a high relief, but not like the $20 KGV, KGVI, VICTORIA, or ELIZ ultra high reliefs.

Now I am pretty happy it took to long to get my order, as such cancelled the 2 Loon order. I still like it, but not as much as my new fractional set for the same price.




Valued Member
stampking's Avatar
Canada
112 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I fliped one around $150. I still have two of them in my hands. Hopefully it will do well in the future.
Pillar of the Community
SilverBug's Avatar
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@RogerD:
2 Loon and new fractional set are same price? or you ordered 2 2-Loons?
Valued Member
RogerD's Avatar
Canada
491 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RogerD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes...I thought the loon was pretty nice, but impatience got the best of me.
Valued Member
stampking's Avatar
Canada
112 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mint website is selling it at the original price. If anyone wants it, just grab them.
Rest in Peace
Dcadon's Avatar
Canada
1360 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I didn't get mine right away when they were first released, I was concerned. I'm sure I called a 1/2 dozen times to confirm it was still on order - as it showed sold out all summer. With the ebay prices so high I was concerned that I might end up having to get it in the secondary market. Today it arrived - flawless, and from my original order from June.
Pillar of the Community
Mrpiedfort's Avatar
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2012  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrpiedfort to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked the Mint website, there are now 82 coins left. But they may have a few more after the 82 are sold.
Pillar of the Community
dialog_gvf's Avatar
Canada
1581 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dialog_gvf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One just sold on ebay for $120 + $10 shipping.
Pillar of the Community
BiBo's Avatar
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BiBo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a loss sale
Valued Member
agrenier's Avatar
Canada
86 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add agrenier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even with a top rated status discount, seller loses a few dollars on it.
Valued Member
thehulk's Avatar
Canada
178 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thehulk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you return coins to the RCM for a refund? I really didn't want this coin as a keeper...
  Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 8,851Next Topic
Page: of 5

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Forums