Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Not My Prettiest Purchase

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,168Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2013  12:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers


Not-My-Prettiest-Purchase

I just pulled the trigger on this one... not the prettiet example but it a coin type that I want and cant really afford. This one was about the cheapest I could expect to find priced at 200 euro.

Did I do the right thing I wonder or should I have held out for a better one?
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2013  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a very nice coin to me. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
bobbyhelmet's Avatar
United Kingdom
2838 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2013  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobbyhelmet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks fine to me
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2013  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The turtle isn't perfect condition (normally the back is a nice smooth shape but I guess thats why it is comparatively cheap.

Another one crossed off my list...thanks for the reassurance guys. :)
Pillar of the Community
Masis's Avatar
United Kingdom
946 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2013  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Masis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are hard to find and are little gems.
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2013  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it!
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the coin in hand it is almost as thick as it is wide! I can see why these are a desirable type...I still don't think mine is a particularly attractive example but I am pleased to be able to own one at all.
Bedrock of the Community
IndianGoldEagle's Avatar
United States
37201 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2013  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coin, it has character, doesn't need to be pretty.
Pillar of the Community
Eng5858's Avatar
United States
1316 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2013  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eng5858 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


DUK, two coins I want Owl Tet and Turtle Tet, this is a awesome piece, I would own it ant day..
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2013  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
:) well I guess it was a fair price and though I would have liked a pristine one I wouldn't be prepared to pay 4 times the price to get one so I have no regrets.

Thanks for the reassurances :)
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2013  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dig that turtle!

  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,168Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums