Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

New Coins For The Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 854Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2013  12:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Okay - so some things I see and I need to have one of. My uncleaned lot turned up a coin I've wanted for ages - a Helena!

SECVRITAS REIPVBLICA - acidic soil has corroded it somewhat but still looks pretty nice! I dont like the hard contrast between the patina and the coin - I might try to colour it in with black dye.

SOL INVICTO COMITI - Constantine I - Okay, this was in the uncleaned lot but I've always wanted one! Its pretty worn down anyway.

FIDES EXERCI - Claudius II Gothicus (probably) - Another great design honouring the army. Just a pity that its broken.

Mystery coin - Broken up, radiate - but some curious figures on the obverse! A fun old thing to ID. Anyone recognise this?

New-Coins-For-The-Collection
New-Coins-For-The-Collection
New-Coins-For-The-Collection
New-Coins-For-The-Collection
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2013  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Soak them for a while in either olive oil or distilled water should bring out some more detail. The Helena looks like a nice coin with good details.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 854Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums