Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Help ID Roman Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,506Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
dwayne8625's Avatar
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2013  10:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dwayne8625 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have never post one of my coins because I buy them to identify and learn the history of them while doing so... but I've been working on this coin for two months and the only thing I have is it MIGHT have been between Galba to Septimius Severus... the coin is 21mm, 5.9gms, and 2.5mm thick. Thanks

Help-ID-Roman-Coin

Help-ID-Roman-Coin

has been identified, moving to correct section
Pillar of the Community
dwayne8625's Avatar
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2013  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dwayne8625 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the bust is a wife
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2013  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community

This is a Roman provincial coin, my best guess from only a profile of the bust is that it could be Faustina II.
Pillar of the Community
dwayne8625's Avatar
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2013  02:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dwayne8625 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are right... I hope it is I'am collecting the 5 good emperors and marcus aurelius is my favorite and I have two of his coins and want his wife... but the bust is so wore down that I can barely see (what I think) the N and A above the bust... I've had no luck on the reverse.
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2013  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a cool coin - Feeding a snake!

Help-ID-Roman-Coin
Faustina II AE23 of Pautalia in Thrace. Draped bust right / OVLPIAC PAVTALIAC, Hygeia standing right feeding serpent she is holding.

EDIT: Heres the obverse legends: FAVCTIN-A CEBACTH
Edited by Ben
04/07/2013 04:17 am
Pillar of the Community
dwayne8625's Avatar
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2013  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dwayne8625 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,506Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums