Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Coin Identification At The British Museum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 859Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2013  2:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I am putting the link to the page at the British Museum website for those on this side of the pond.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/about_...ication.aspx
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2013  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Masis's Avatar
United Kingdom
946 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2013  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Masis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I might take in 6 Roman era rings I bought a couple of months ago, see if any in depth information can be given on them.
Since they are doing it for free, I doubt it.
I know that most of them are Insignias for Legions, one is a wedding ring with "clasped hands".
That is probably what the Curator would tell me.
But they might have similar examples to compare, so I might still try.
And then see the Pompeii exhibition before it ends next month.
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2013  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I'm taking a few things in this summer for attention. Hopefully I can go and chat to them instead of leaving stuff with them.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 859Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums