Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Unknown 1816 Hispan Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,169Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2013  6:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Here is another junk box rescue. I thought it has enough identifies but I am not seeing the correct coin. It is silver, about 19 mm in diameter (you can see it is not perfectly circular) and heavily worn. On the oberse I can make out "1816." I can make out "HISPAN" on the reverse, and a "D" at the 6 o'clock position. On the left I see, "R. A. G." I think, it could be I. G.


Unknown-1816-Hispan-Coin

Unknown-1816-Hispan-Coin
Pillar of the Community
philadelphian's Avatar
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2013  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add philadelphian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The A.G. should stand for J. Antonio Garcia, of the Zacatecas mint. The diameter is about right for a one real.
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2013  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are correct. KM# 82.1. 1816 A.G.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,169Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums