Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Christmas Sales On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,497Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Bassmaster's Avatar
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2013  1:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bassmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
What do you guys sell on ebay at Christmas time? What are your top sales? I know toys are good, but what else do you guys sale?
Pillar of the Community
XavierOfGreen's Avatar
United States
2589 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2013  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sell coins and notes of course! I find cheap world coins sell rather well during the christmas season, they are affordable and people use them as stocking stuffers ect. I've sold a ton of big old british pennys the past month.
Pillar of the Community
Bassmaster's Avatar
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2013  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bassmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, so you think making little cheap lots would be the best?
Pillar of the Community
weerdsteev's Avatar
United States
1291 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2013  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add weerdsteev to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tend to stay away from listing things that will end too close to a major holiday. I don't have any statistics to back this up, but it's my belief that there's less traffic and therefore less willing buyers on ebay as you get close to a major holiday. Even if that belief is false, and there is actually more traffic, I don't believe that traffic is as willing to part with their $ as they might be in non-holiday times.

Some of the WORST prices my items have realized have happened near major holidays.
Pillar of the Community
Bassmaster's Avatar
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2013  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bassmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, that could be true, but I am after the people doing last minute Christmas shopping. If they have waited around and there is something they want, I would think they would go higher. Has anyone had this happen to them?
Pillar of the Community
XavierOfGreen's Avatar
United States
2589 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2013  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think high end items generally do worse around christmas time, but like I said cheap junk sells well
Pillar of the Community
weerdsteev's Avatar
United States
1291 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2013  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add weerdsteev to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha! The stuff I sell is often considered cheap junk! (Somebody out there HAD TO BE thinking THAT! So I decided to say it for them!!)
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,497Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Forums