Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Unknown Islamic Bronze Coin Help ID

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,872Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2014  8:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have this, anyone want to give it a shot? I think it might be Islamic India, maybe Deli Sultanate or maybe a Central Asian Khagnate . I am also not sure if I have the orientation correct. The coin clearly text based so maybe someone might decipher what it says. Usually these text based coins have a wealth of information. Mints and possible date in years AH or regnal years.

Bronze 22 mm x 3.28 grams
Unknown-Islamic-Bronze-Coin-Help-ID
Pillar of the Community
VisigothKing's Avatar
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2014  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish I could help but I am completely clueless with anything Arabic/Islamic/Indian. I think my eyes do spot a BD infestation on the reverse(?). Might want to check that out.
Edited by VisigothKing
01/01/2014 8:50 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2014  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beats me, I'm still trying to find out about one that I have.
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2014  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking possible ancient Pakistan? Maybe?
swcoin.ecrater.com
Moderator
Learn More...
Sap's Avatar
Australia
17007 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2014  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking more towards Mamluk Egypt.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
3497 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2014  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strangely I one almost identical. I can't even remember where I found the thing either. I will ask someone I know when I get home who is 'wise' in these Islamic mysteries.
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2014  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got something like one of these in that handful of ancient coins. No idea what it is though.
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2014  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't find a good page for Malmuk Egyptian bronzes does anyone have or know of one? I found only one that has a reverse similar to my obverse(?) but mine is completely different on the other side.
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2014  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh man...I'm of no use at all on these things.
Pillar of the Community
jcmworld's Avatar
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2014  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jcmworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found it.
Mamluk, al-Salih Ismail (743-746), AE Fals, Dimashq (Damascus). Sylloge of the Islamic Coins in the Ashmolean (SICA) 1262.
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2014  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JCM your the man!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,872Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Forums