Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2000-P Nickels

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 1,134Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Paulsz's Avatar
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2014  12:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
So I've heard that 2000P nickels are a little rare than other nickels for the last couple decades. I happen to find 2 of them in a roll I was searching. I'm pretty sure they are worth that much, maybe a couple dollars, but I just wanted a rough estimate off grade. I have no clue how to go about Grading Elizabeth coins.

First observe is the coin the left

Thanks

2000-P-Nickels



2000-P-Nickels

2000-P-Nickels
Pillar of the Community
punman's Avatar
Canada
849 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2014  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless they were from a mint roll of all the same coin, I's think they couldn't grade higher than AU. Unless I understand the definition wrongly, once a coin is circulating in business transactions it is no longer MS.

Nickels are tough - they could circulate for a month and still look pretty good.

I was updating my nickels last year and found a pretty nice one of the 2000P in a roll. Don't think they are rare at all.

It is the 1999P you have to hunt for. Not circulated, I ended up buying one from a coin dealer.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 1,134Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums