Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1948 Half Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 4,688Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
EFLargeCents's Avatar
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2014  5:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add EFLargeCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I'm just getting started with UK coins (going for a rulers set). I have always enjoyed the half penny's with the ship on the reverse and I couldn't pass this up for inclusion in my set for George VI. Eye appeal is amazing. What do you think? I know it's not exactly rare, but I don't often see coins this old (and it's not really that old) with this kind of mint luster.

1948-Half-Penny

Bedrock of the Community
NumisRob's Avatar
United Kingdom
18946 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2014  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks a nicely struck example with good clear hairlines. Great eye appeal.
Bedrock of the Community
sel_69l's Avatar
Australia
21792 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2014  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sailing ships always look good on coins. When they have nice lustre, (coins that is), that helps.

It isn't too hard to get a monarch set of great Britain / English coins back to Charles 2nd. Gets a bit harder if you try that in silver, albeit in low grades. Only the Commonwealth and Cromwell coins are really tough for a collector on a modest budget.
Edited by sel_69l
01/28/2014 9:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
EFLargeCents's Avatar
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2014  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EFLargeCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sticking to any one kind of metal or denomination, though I am trying to maintain decent eye appeal for whatever grade I can find and afford. I am trying to go back all the way to William I. I already have two monarchs from before Charles II (Edward I and Elizabeth I).
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 4,688Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums