Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1951-D 1MM-036?...this One Was Odd And I Almost Tossed It.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 999Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
AMB's Avatar
United States
801 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2014  6:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AMB to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=lds

I did an overlay and it's on board (close) but so unusual for a D over D.
Opinion? Thx
You'll notice the notch on the norther west and small notch south serif.

1951-D-1MM-036?...this-One-Was-Odd-And-I-Almost-Tossed-It.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2014  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see the RPM on this one. A closer shot on the mint mark area might show more. What I do see is a broken post that forms the center of the mint mark. I need a closer view to see what is going on with your coin. (The RPM is on the lower serif)
Pillar of the Community
AMB's Avatar
United States
801 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2014  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AMB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll get you a better picture asap...I did my best to blow up this current one and add arrow. Thx coop.

1951-D-1MM-036?...this-One-Was-Odd-And-I-Almost-Tossed-It.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2014  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks farther west and slightly south in location of the mint mark than 036. The closer image doesn't show a RPM to me. It may be a normal coin with a similar broken post.
Pillar of the Community
AMB's Avatar
United States
801 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2014  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AMB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did an overlay again and it's slightly off. Must not be the RPM but funny the coincidence...not your typical looking MM on the 036...it was a surprise to see it. Thx for your time and checking.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 999Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums