Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Belle Fourche, SD -- Rodeo Ground Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 2,332Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Bonedigger's Avatar
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2007  4:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bonedigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Here are my (*best) finds made a couple of years ago at the Rodeo Grounds in Belle Fourche, SD. I'd put it in a little plastic baggie and tossed them into a cigar box. When looking for an ancient coin I found it today. A silver woman belt buckle, 1969-D Half Dollar, 1945 Half Dollar, and a 1939 Quarter.

I'm sure there was a lot of trash and other stuff I'd found too but this is all I saved.

Ben
Belle-Fourche,-SD----Rodeo-Ground-Finds
Pillar of the Community
hunter20ga's Avatar
United States
1173 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2007  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter20ga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put away my detector several years ago, and just haven't gotten back to it. Maybe someday, when I'm retired. The oldest coins I found with it were Barber quarters and dimes. Found an 1897 quarter, I know, for sure, and a couple more a year or two newer.

I found a number of Mercs and silver Roosevelt dimes and silver Washington quarters, and a 1936-S Walking Liberty half.

It is always exciting to get something old and uncommon!
Pillar of the Community
Amazon99's Avatar
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2007  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amazon99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds!
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 2,332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums