Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, my partner has inherited a coin collection and for someone clueless I'm doing okay so far. BUT I've been scuppered with a couple of Denmark Ores. Both have '5 Ore' and a picture of a dolphin and some wheat on one side and the other has CIX and a crown on the other. But there are no dates that I can see. I'm very frustrated because I don't know if I've got some fakes, something rare or just that all Ores in year X were made without dates. Please can someone help me before my head explodes (I've been at this for hours). Many thanks.
Doh! Yes, the dates were there. They were worn down and tiny, but the rest of the coin didn't look very worn. What with there being two supposedly dateless coins I thought there was something going on. I had to use a magnifying glass and look exactly where you said. I feel quite embarrassed. I think I should have a coffee break before I start again. Thanks for all your help!
No need to feel embarrassed. Venturing into an unknown field is always difficult. Everyone has the right to make mistakes and/or ask silly questions (as long as they are not repeated too often) - it's a normal learning exercise.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use