Hi, I was wondering if anyone could confirm my ID of a couple of cheap Roman coins and help me with a couple I wasn't sure about. The two coins I think I have identified are:
The left coin I think is an Emperor Gratian Lyons mint RIC 28A. The right coin is I think an Emperor Constantine city commemorative type.
The two coins below I haven't identified - any ideas?
The commemorative reads 'VRBS ROMA' - the city of Rome.
On the left is a FEL TEMP REPARATIO (the restoration of happy times) and shows a barbarian horseman getting speared by a roman soldier. The emperor is Constantius Gallus - you can tell this by the legend (CONST visible to the left of the bust) and the bare head, which only one Constanti* used - Gallus. Julian II is also shown bare headed.
On the right is the same again, but this time a reduced follis (hard times economically lead to the shrinking of the size of the folles).
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use