So in 2014, the US Mint had the 10% discount on certain items when you subscribed to that item. I thought it was a wonderful gesture from the Mint and I was disappointed that the Mint dropped this program after one year.
IMO, I find it hard to believe the Mint lost money on silver products, since silver has been below $20 for at least 6 months.
Was this program too successful or do you think the Mint lost $$$?
Quote: IMO, I find it hard to believe the Mint lost money on silver products, since silver has been below $20 for at least 6 months.
When was the silver purchased? The government often contracts their metal purchases a year or more in advance. then there is also the fabrication costs for the planchets. (The mint contracts that out) Those costs are probably still going up.
I was thinking of subscribing but didn't because of the shipping costs. If you have multiple subscriptions, they are all shipped separately. That 10% discount is pretty much eaten away by the shipping costs, except if you subscribed to the silver proof set.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use