Coin Community Family of Web Sites
300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1720 Great Britain Half Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,018Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
steve123's Avatar
Canada
805 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2015  4:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add steve123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I'm looking for any input on this 1720 double-struck error. As I am mainly dealing in Canadian and US, World errors are new to me.

Is this a more "common" error for the time? I have seen other nicely struck coins.

Besides being double-struck, this also looks like the inside N" on the reverse is re-engraved?

Thanks,
Steve



1720-Great-Britain-Half-Penny

1720-Great-Britain-Half-Penny
Pillar of the Community
thedollarman's Avatar
Canada
4912 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2015  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
me

Quote:
thanks for the opinions guys, Bill...I was going to post this for you cause it seems right up your alley but I sadly for got. please tell me you won it lol 121607112015

me

Quote:
any idea of value


billsidney

Quote:
No idea, because I've been out of the buying-selling loop for a while.

Any one?


me

Quote:
Would you say that examples of this error are somewhat common from that era? This is the third(yet most impressive) example I've seen in about a week.(talking about one bill posted)


billsidney

Quote:
Let's say that doublestrikes of the series are "scarce", certainly not rare.



to summarize the coin is fairly common compared to other errors but still a collectible and scarce piece. if you twisted my arm I would pay $100.
sorry for the long post
Feel free to call me Will.
Edited by thedollarman
04/14/2015 4:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
steve123's Avatar
Canada
805 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2015  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really!?!? I never thought it may go for that..I had it in my store for a few days and asked just under $50 and got a few lowball offers (still more than I paid, but the shipping price was high). I did buy it cheap (as you can see).... so that was a plus. I liked it so much tho, that I withdrew it for now. I was the only bidder and didn't think I would get it if anyone was sniping.

Thanks for the info!
Edited by steve123
04/14/2015 4:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
steve123's Avatar
Canada
805 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2015  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a real nice VF30 NGC from NumisBids..

https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=l...13&lot=31377
Pillar of the Community
steve123's Avatar
Canada
805 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2015  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interestingly enough... I was searching for more info (grade / value, etc) on my coin. I actually found that it sold under auction as a "Miscellaneous item" from London Coins on 03/03/2013. Everything matches up perfectly to my coin. It sold for 35 British Pounds, converting that to CAD from historical dates, final auction price on 03/03/2013 was $54.02 CDN.

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=...searchtype=2



  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,018Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums