Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,161Next Topic
Page: of 1873
New Member
HopelessMagic's Avatar
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2013  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HopelessMagic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow very nice finds!
Valued Member
Trent C's Avatar
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2013  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Trent C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not had much time to search the last month and my good luck has diminished last 3 boxes only 1 40% I was at my Grandmas house in Ohio for a week and was able to get about $200 in CWR it yielded 1 40% and then I got another 40% in a tellers tray as well as a nice 72 proof.
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2013  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah! Whoohoo!


Page 1002!




What? I can't be excited about it because there's only 2 zeros in the number?
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196278 Posts
Valued Member
tpmjr2004's Avatar
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpmjr2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On Friday, in searching various banks in my area for any halves, I managed to find two sealed boxes as well as several Bank and Customer Wrapped Rolls. I also found the usual loose halves at many banks.

In the first box I managed to pull 3 40% halves, a '65 and 2 '67s, a few NIFC, and a Magicians coin. The second box yielded only a few NIFC.

On Saturday I managed to find another sealed box and a few loose rolls. The box yielded a lone '67, but also contained a 1959 Columbian 50 Centavos, which has a silver rim but research proved it to be Copper-Nickel, and a British One Penny as well as a few NIFC.

I just picked up $190 in loose Bank wrapped rolls for me to run through tonight. I'm still waiting for my first 90% half from a bank wrapped roll. The only ones I have found have been loose from the tellers tray.
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6 boxes last week for a total of 1 40%er. 12 boxes tomorrow, my most ever. I'll have the cash to pick up 6 or 8 boxes. The rest will have to wait till Wednesday.
OO
Pillar of the Community
chuckster 125's Avatar
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 box total today: 15

3 @90%- 1920P Walking Lib and 2- 1964 JFK's ( D & P)
12 @ 40%

2 Non Silver Proofs- 1997S and 2008S.
Bedrock of the Community
NumisRob's Avatar
United Kingdom
18912 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yay Chuckster! Please could you post a photo of the 1920 Walking Lib? That's a very early one to find in circulation - when they do turn up, they're usually from the 1940s...
Pillar of the Community
chuckster 125's Avatar
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NumisRob:

This one has seen better days, but I'm happy to have "SAVED IT" from further abuse (LOL!)



JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Edited by chuckster 125
07/01/2013 5:54 pm
Bedrock of the Community
NumisRob's Avatar
United Kingdom
18912 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Good honest wear but still a lovely coin! If only it could talk...
Valued Member
Murphy's Avatar
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the Walker Chuckster. I always enjoyed finding a Walker more than any other coin. The Walking Liberty half is one of my favorite coin designs.
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
chuck, nice finds love that walker!!

my luck has taken a step backwards

6 boxes - 1 40 and over 500 2001's very annoying oh well thats it for this weeks boxes
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 boxes of halves. Another carpet fiber ender and NIFC ender. And another type of ender: the end of the wrapper roll. I found 3 in a box one time and said wouldn't it be cool if there was a silver in the albino wrap. Well I didn't flip the rolls over and one had a 40%er on the bottom end. There as a crusty beat up green coin on the end of a roll that I said hey that's silver but it can't be because these boxes are really sucking today. Turns out it was a 1967.

Total score: 5 40%ers (one chromed), some NIFC. 4 holed, 2 1982 no FG, another electric engraver Jims Coins, and 3 beat up one of which was actually poking through the side of the wrapper.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2013  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mizugori to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Usually whenever I go into a bank and ask if they have halves they say no, but finally yesterday I stopped in a branch and they happened to have $56.50 in halves. I bought them all, but not so much as a single 40%... Most of them were casino-wrapped rolls, one or two bank rolls that looked very old, and some that the teller had in his drawer.
Valued Member
fromms2244's Avatar
United States
461 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2013  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fromms2244 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a great score (my best ever) the other day. I did not post earlier because I did not want to rain on some of the long time posters parade about page 1000... congrats by the way!! Here is a pic... from $60 cwr...


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
My first franklin and first walker found... and multiples of both! Great day for me. Keep looking. Its out there.
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,161Next Topic
Page: of 1873

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Forums