Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1974 Half Dollar Hot Lips?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,112Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
tweak800's Avatar
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2015  7:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
So I found this roll hunting today and I'm not sure id it is a DDO or something like VLDS. Any input would help I don't think I saw a listing for a 1974 DDO on the lips and head like this?

1974-Half-Dollar-Hot-Lips?

1974-Half-Dollar-Hot-Lips?

1974-Half-Dollar-Hot-Lips?

1974-Half-Dollar-Hot-Lips?

1974-Half-Dollar-Hot-Lips?
Pillar of the Community
SilverStackerKid's Avatar
United States
6478 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2015  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!
Pillar of the Community
tweak800's Avatar
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2015  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I'm guessing It is a double die. And it isn't or is listed? And thanks you silver stacker I been holding my breath lately hoping to find something decent
Edited by tweak800
05/15/2015 12:14 am
Pillar of the Community
SilverStackerKid's Avatar
United States
6478 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2015  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure if it is or is not listed as I have no idea were to find varieties on coins information. That is a nice example of a doubled die.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2015  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is one listing for the 1974 half dollar on Variety Vista, but it is a doubled die reverse
http://www.varietyvista.com/Variety...94.htm#_1974
So it must be a new listing. Probably John Wexler would like to see your coin? He may have it listed but not on his site yet, or it maybe a new listing for him. I would submit a few images to see what he thinks.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,112Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums