Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Medieval Hungarian Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,259Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
antwerpen2306's Avatar
Belgium
1194 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2015  11:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add antwerpen2306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I bought this coin yesterday for my new medieval section in my coin collection.It is the first one I have from this kind : a Hungarian brakteat 12th century , bareheaded head at left , 0,11 gr , 11 mm , ref Huszar 192.
Where could I find more information about this kind of coins ? I paid €27,5 ( 30$ ) for it.what do you think about the price ?It is difficult for me to fix a decent price for this coins, because it is a very new section, so I buy when the price looks good.albert
PS: I recommand the German ebay-seller , he is very good and sells also regularly on sixbid.I bought lots of late Roman coins in at least very fine quality for a very good price


Medieval-Hungarian-Coin
Pillar of the Community
vince1977's Avatar
Netherlands
847 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2015  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vince1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did a good buy. This coin was sold for over 100 euro's in numismatik lanz floor auctions.
UNGARN
Bela III. oder Bela IV. (1173 - 1196) / (1235 - 1270)
Brakteat o.J., Ende 12. oder Mitte 13. Jh. Jugendlicher Kopf nach links I'm Perlkreis. Rs: Vertieftes Bild der Vorderseite. CNH 272, Huszar 192. 0,20g. Schöne Tönung, vorzüglich.

I am not more familair with these coins unfortunatly
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2015  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an excellent PDF on the coins of Hungary. http://www.numismatas.com/Forum/Pdf...0Hungary.pdf
Pillar of the Community
antwerpen2306's Avatar
Belgium
1194 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2015  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antwerpen2306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Vince and Echizento.very interesting pdf .It is a coin of Bela IV , 1235-1270 .albert
Pillar of the Community
United States
1186 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2015  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One that I use is en.numista.com that gives mainly the Unger references.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,259Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums