Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Three Cent Silver (Trimes)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,739Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Garoyn's Avatar
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2015  2:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Garoyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Any thoughts about the reference book

The Authoritative Reference on Three Cent Silver Coins, by Kevin Flynn and Winston Zack

as a reference book for Three Cent Silvers? Any other reference book suggestions for Three Cent Silvers? There's some good history information about trimes here on the CCF website, but I want something to read off line, too.
Pillar of the Community
kanga's Avatar
United States
5825 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2015  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got Flynn's book.
It will be my starting point if I ever decide to get into the 3-cent silver set.
I don't know if there are other references specific to that set.
I also have Breen's encyclopedia.
Pillar of the Community
Garoyn's Avatar
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2015  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Garoyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, I've only got a couple of the trimes, but am thinking about getting and learning more about the series, although 1863-1872 will be, uh, time-consuming. There ain't that many of 'em--a dozen or so besides those post-1862 ones. And the earlier dates, 1851-1862, appear collectible. But they're so, well, *flimsy*.
Pillar of the Community
MeadowviewCollector's Avatar
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2015  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Garoyn why not print off the history found on CCF?

The book you mentioned in your first post is the only one I know of that discusses this series.

I own one trime an 1852 that is slightly bent purchased over a decade ago from my LCS. I can't imagine trying to use such a tiny coin to pay for a stamp back then.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
BStrauss3's Avatar
United States
4622 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2015  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Flynn & Zack is the only book I know of. I've built a circulated XF set through 1862 - now looking for the myriad RPD RPMs etc.
-----Burton
50+ year / Life / Emeritus ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, EveryCountry (online) coin club
Owned by three cats and a wife of 40+ years (joined 1983)

Author: 3rd Edition of the Sample Slabs book, https://www.sampleslabs.info/
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,739Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums