Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Hammered Coin I Can't Identify

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,521Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2015  10:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hammered-Coin-I-Can't-Identify

Hammered-Coin-I-Can't-Identify

Hammered-Coin-I-Can't-Identify

Weight: 4.27 grams
Diameter: irregular, about 20 mm.
Has a slight cup shape to it, with pattern on inside.

Was browsing ebay and found some coins claiming to be from the Kingdom of Majopahit. Thought it looked similar to mine.

I found what maybe similar coins on Zeno.ru: http://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=60132

Any comments?
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2015  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could it be a Durotriges stater?

Hammered-Coin-I-Can't-Identify

Looks like the same sort of thing going on in the first picture.
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2015  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see what looks like might be a left facing bust and one or two letters on the obverse, but nothing that I could identify. I think the coin is just too worn for an ID.
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2015  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I was hoping. Maybe I'll try to do a rubbing of it. I swear it is a geometric design and not a bust.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,521Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums