I have no idea what they take off for on these. I have seen 70's pictured with what appeared to be spots on them. I think the dark spots on the reverse would be worse than the weakness in the frost in the fields of the Obverse. My guess would be a 68/69, maybe someone who has had some of this series graded will chime in.
Sure, I recently photographed 2 of these that I received, and it appears similar in these pictures. It may be lighting, but in the picture left (Kennedy is looking toward this area) is a darker area. On my coins this was an area where the "frost" appeared to have worn some on the die. Not as strong as other areas on the coin, or compared to previous coins in this series. Again, it could just be lighting on your coin.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use