Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Stater From Pamphylia, Aspendos.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,563Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Arael's Avatar
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2015  11:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Arael to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
One of my recent pickups, and one that I'm a little more proud of. This type has been on my list for a very long time, and it's satisfying to be able to own one of these after a long wait. The coin is a little darker than it appears in the image, but other than that it's very accurate.

Stater-From-Pamphylia,-Aspendos.
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2015  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet coin, nobody did anatomy better than the Greeks and that is a fine example (muscular physiques all round)

Attractive coin, well centred and good details :) Congrats
Pillar of the Community
Arael's Avatar
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2015  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arael to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree David! When I saw this one at what I thought was a good price I had to snap it up, I particularly love the detail in the faces, as well as the musculature. Man I just love Greek silver so much, hard to beat the artistry that these coins have.
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2015  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a really nice example.
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2015  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh wow, nice...these are not cheapie coins. congrats to you arael.
Pillar of the Community
Arael's Avatar
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2015  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arael to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, cheap it is not. But this has always been one of my favorite types, and I had noticed that this type seemed to be going up in price relatively quickly, so when I saw one that I liked at a what I thought was a reasonable price I figured that now was my chance. Although it certainly did hurt the wallet a bit. Overall though I'm very happy with it, It's nice to have a large, detailed, and interesting piece of Greek silver as the current centerpiece of my collection.
Pillar of the Community
Kamnaskires's Avatar
United States
7067 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2015  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kamnaskires to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic coin!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,563Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Forums