Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1994-D Lincoln Cent Errors - DDR On Left Post + Lamination?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 9,147Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
CoinCents's Avatar
United States
3656 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2015  02:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hey All,
I discovered this on one of my 1994D pennies. In the far right bay you see sort of a Dotted line going all the way down through the steps (might this be a lamination issue?)

Then it appears that the bottom right portion of the left post is doubled.

I have pictures of this coin plus another 1994D for comparison.

I didn't find any info on this from coppercoins, Wexler or the Lincoln Cent websites for these.

If it is a true DD on the post then maybe it's a new discovery? Wow that would be exciting.

Let me know if more pictures are needed

Thanks for looking.


1994-D-Lincoln-Cent-Errors---DDR-On-Left-Post-+-Lamination?

1994-D-Lincoln-Cent-Errors---DDR-On-Left-Post-+-Lamination?

1994-D-Lincoln-Cent-Errors---DDR-On-Left-Post-+-Lamination?

1994-D-Lincoln-Cent-Errors---DDR-On-Left-Post-+-Lamination?

1994-D-Lincoln-Cent-Errors---DDR-On-Left-Post-+-Lamination?

Pillar of the Community
BlueSolo's Avatar
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2015  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BlueSolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, probably a plating issue. The Copper plated Zinc coins are TERRIBLE with plating. Press on it with a toothpick. Also, you didn't post the whole reverse but it looks like there is a lot of evidence of plating bubbles.

If not, then it's probably Die Deterioration, post whole coin reverse please

Nice job looking for the 1994 DDR though, that's a nice one

Edited by BlueSolo
12/05/2015 04:27 am
Pillar of the Community
CoinCents's Avatar
United States
3656 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2015  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a picture of the back, but I have a problem with the lighting. I am sure you are correct now that I understand about the plating bubbles and how they occur.

I will send my coin into Mr. Wexler and we shall see what comes of it. There is just so much that goes into it.

My vision is very poor so I need to look with the magnifier all the time and with the lighting and shadows from the lights I never know if what is projecting is correct. This is why I need to ask you all to help so much.

Some of the other members have sent me so good info on picture taking so I am been practicing, but can't seem to get close enough without getting the blurriness.

Thank you for your time




1994-D-Lincoln-Cent-Errors---DDR-On-Left-Post-+-Lamination?

1994-D-Lincoln-Cent-Errors---DDR-On-Left-Post-+-Lamination?
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 9,147Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums