Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

The Goal: 25,000 Rolls Of Nickels (All Searchers Welcome!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,569Next Topic
Page: of 890
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2011  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've only gone through 12 boxes but I have 102 2009 d nickels. I have yet to find a 2009 p though.
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2011  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mikecouil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have gone through a box of pennies with nothing and only 3 rolls of nickels and found a 1940, 1939,and 1951
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2011  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found 2 2009P Nickels but I threw one of them back and kept the other one.
Valued Member
danmc00's Avatar
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2011  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add danmc00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went through 2 boxes of nickels last night. Found 42 under 1960. (several good looking 40s and 50s) By far my best nickel boxes.
Found these silver War Nickels:
1942 P
1943 S
1943 P
1944 P

Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2011  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 war nicks and a S mint! Nice.
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
15 rolls today, all I found was a few coins from the early 40's. No silver.
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another box down,
1 44-S silver in horrible shape, 49-S hole filler my second 1938 and a 1955
Valued Member
Lion4Life's Avatar
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
9 rolls tonight

1~ 1940
2~ 1941
1~ 1954s
1~ 1959d
1~ 1960d
2~ 1969s
2~ 1970s
2 Canadian nickles 1979 and 1990

And a 1943 P My second one, just pulled one last friday night as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did another box yesterday no silver or buffalos. There werer quite a few prior 1960 and a 1929 Canadian in very good shape. There was a Bermuda nickel, 1 yen, and 5 pesos from Columbia, oh also 20 pence. Just did a box of halves, as an aside, and 2 40%.
Pillar of the Community
wrestling_135's Avatar
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wrestling_135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't wait for the day I find my first buffalo :)
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
angel2004
Sounds like you got that box from the international bank of coins. Great find in the Canadian. I found a 50 yen last week in a brinks roll.
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost done with a box, I will post the final results later. Here is what I have now
1 dateless buffalo (my first dateless-broke the strain of dated buffs)
1-1938 MS 60
1-1939 MS 61

Those were the first pre 60 coins I pulled!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I found a 50 yen in my last box as well. I have gone through about $1200 total and have 18 silver, 20 buffalo (most found in the first few hundred) almost a roll of Canadian including 3 prior 1982 and a mix of other foreign coins, about a roll of that. I wonder how much the 50 yen is worth?
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My son who lives in Taiwan said about 13 cents.
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another 30 rolls this weekend:
Found a 1939 S. Exciting find or not?
  Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,569Next Topic
Page: of 890

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Forums